FOR NORTH POINT NETWORK CHURCHES
- GENERAL GUIDELINES:
- These guidelines supplement the terms of your church’s agreement with North Point Ministries (“NPM”) for the use of NPM content and/or trademarks as a strategic partner or network partner church. You and your church are not authorized to use NPM content or trademarks except pursuant to the license in that agreement. Your church’s use of NPM content must comply with these Usage Guidelines and the license terms in said agreement.
- Access to and use of the NPM content and trademarks is restricted to employees and volunteers of the subscribing church solely to conduct your church’s ministry program.
- Any content which is not expressly designated by NPM as “editable” may not be revised or edited.
- POSTING ANY NPM CONTENT, TRADEMARKS, OR ADAPTATIONS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ON UNSECURED COMMERCIAL WEB SITES (E.G. YOUTUBE) AND USE OF ANY NPM CONTENT OR TRADEMARKS IN FOR-SALE OR COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR LICENSE. Your church may only post licensed NPM content or trademarks on a website(s) operated and controlled exclusively by your church and solely to promote your church’s ministry environments and related ministry services.
- Any reproduction of NPM content or trademark for commercial resale or distribution is strictly prohibited.
- VIDEO/MULTIMEDIA CONTENT: Video and/or multimedia files posted by NPM for download as part of a license may be used by your church as follows during the license term:
- Playback on church premises: unlimited
- Permission to access and download or stream from local or cloud-based storage: unlimited when distributing to employees and volunteers that are a part of your church
- Permission to transfer to portable device(s) capable of storing music and/or other multimedia files for church use: unlimited when distributing to employees and volunteers that are a part of your church or church.
- DOWNLOADABLE TEXT AND IMAGES:
- Content may be reproduced and distributed only to employees, volunteers, attendees, and their families within the applicable ministry environment of your church during the term set forth in the license agreement.
- Content may be reproduced and distributed to your staff and volunteers through printed copies, DVDs, email, or shared cloud-based storage, provided copies are limited to the number reasonably necessary and are not sold.
- TRADEMARKS: NPM trademarks may be reproduced and displayed in connection with the environment and/or program in which you are using the corresponding curriculum under a current license. You agree to use the trademarks in the form provided by NPM without alteration of any kind and to include the trademark notices (“™” or “®”) used by NPM with each display of the trademarks. The trademark license does not include the right to use any trademark in your church’s name or in connection with a for-sale product or service offered by your church. Any use of a trademark in text should be in ALL CAPS with the appropriate trademark notice (e.g. KIDSTUF®). All use of the trademarks must comply with the NPM trademark style guide as it may be revised from time to time. The license of NPM trademarks applies in those jurisdictions in which NPM owns or controls rights to the applicable trademarks.
- EXPIRATION: The church agrees to cease all use of the NPM content and trademarks upon expiration or termination of the applicable license. Additionally, all copies of content accessed through the license and stored by the church on any hard drive, cloud-based storage, other storage device or method, or in hard copy must be deleted or destroyed upon expiration or termination of the license.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR USERS: It is your church’s responsibility to inform each user of the restrictions applicable to use of the content and trademarks under these Usage Guidelines, and to enforce them.
- SAFETY. In order to keep websites containing NPM content a safe environment, you and your church agree that users from your church will not:
- Use language that contains profanity or obscene language or that may be defamatory, libelous, threatening, or harassing;
- Impersonate or intimidate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent affiliation with any person;
- Use the website in connection with any chain letters, junk mail, mass communication through any form or other spamming, or multi-level marketing;
- Use the website to participate in any conduct or activity that violates laws of the United States or any state therein, including without limitation laws governing the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through the Internet and other electronic media;
- Share any contact information you obtain through the Connect site through any means without permission of the applicable individual; and
- Create a link or otherwise redirect or enable third parties to view the Connect site.
- TERMINATION. If your church or any user under its account violate these Usage Guidelines or engage in other conduct which NPM deems potentially harmful or disruptive to NPM or any other NPM content or website users, including Connect users, NPM reserves the right to terminate individual user’s access to the website and/or your church’s access to the website.
- NOT TRANSFERABLE: Your church’s license to use the NPM content and/or trademarks is limited to your church. Your church is not authorized to share NPM content or trademarks with any other person or organization, nor to grant permission for any other person or organization to use them. Please direct all third party requests to use NPM content or trademarks to NPM’s partner team at 678-892-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Updated October 16, 2018]